What we offer
All pupils at Key Stage (KS) 3 and 4 have one double period of PE a week(100 minutes) covering Invasion Games, Net Games, Athletics, Striking and Fielding Gymnastics Dance and Heath & Fitness.
Key Stage 4
- EXCEL GCSE PE and OCR Nationals in Sport at Level 2
Key Stage 5
- OCR A Level PE
- OCR Level 3 National Diploma in Sport:
- OCR Nationals in sport Level 2
The Academy offers a wide range of enrichment opportunities to support the curriculum. Across both sites there are early morning, lunch time and after school clubs resulting in very large numbers of pupils taking part and bringing success to our Academy with their performances, application and behaviour.
We provide access to high quality facilities:
- Access to the Mapperley Sports Village with sports hall, dance studio and fitness studio - click here to find out more.
- Multi-Use Games Area
- 3 1-a-side Football Pitches
- 9-a-side Football Pitch
- Athletics Track
- Cricket Pitch
The Academy has strict guidelines on dress and all pupils are expected to wear the full Academy uniform.
The PE kit for all years is detailed below:
- Black short-sleeved sports polo shirt with purple panels and Academy logo.
- Black long-sleeved reversible sports shirt with purple panels and Academy logo.
- Black track suit bottoms with grey stripe.
- Suitable trainers or other PE footwear.
Sport in Primary Schools
The Academy provides PE support for the Walter Halls and Claremont Primary Schools.
The Academy also works closely with many other primary schools providing sports festivals and competitions on a regular basis.
Events and Fixtures
The Academy entered over 40 local sports competitions in 2012/13 in addition to competing in national competitions in both basketball and cricket. The Academy prides itself on providing a wide and diverse extra-curricular programme at both lunch times and after-school.