Our Sixth Form Centre can offer students aged 16-19 the best of all worlds. You will be able to choose courses which are right for you, selecting either academic, vocational, or a mixture of both. You can also expect great teaching from our excellent staff who are committed to your success. To find out the full list of available course for 2017 please contact the sixth form centre.
With the range of tutorial support and careers guidance available, you will get the individual advice to help you choose the right career path for you, whether it is for university, training or future employment. We will also keep a careful track of how you are doing, so that if you encounter difficulties in any of your subjects, we can help you to deal with them straight away.
Improve your opportunities
Staying on in the sixth form will open up many opportunities for you in life.
You will get the chance to:
- Study your chosen subjects in more depth.
- Become and independent learner.
- Make new friends.
- Gain new experiences through volunteering and work placements.
- Plan out your future with expert careers advice.
- Join in social events and activities.
The Sixth Form at the Nottingham Academy is at an exciting new stage of development. Our brand new sixth form centre opened on our Greenwood Road site in September 2016, with modern facilities for group or individual study. The next phase of the development will see a designated cafe space for sixth form students and a redeveloped outdoor space.
Whilst all the students have did remarkably well, there are some that had particular cause to celebrate:
- Cara Taylor who has achieved an A in Chemistry, an A in Biology plus an A in Maths and is going to study Veterinary Science at the University of Nottingham. Cara has been an exceptionally calm, hardworking and motivated student whose dedication to her studies has enabled her to achieve her ultimate ambition of studying veterinary medicine.
- Jessica Permadi, who came to the Academy from Indonesia in Year 11, has achieved an A in Biology, a B in Chemistry plus a B in Maths and is going to study Biomedical Science at Newcastle University. Jessica impressed her tutors with her attitude, interest and maturity in lessons. She was also a great support to her peers and offered support and guidance with endless patience.
- Sean Jubb who has achieved an A in Film Studies, a B in English Literature plus a B in Media and is going to study Broadcast Journalism at Nottingham Trent University. Sean’s involvement with extra-curricular activities such as the Sixth Form Newspaper was exemplary. His positive personality and engagement with others will be missed.
- Michelle Ortego who has achieved an A* in PE, an A in Portuguese, a B in Spanish plus a C in Business. Michelle joined the Sixth Form from Portugal as part of the Basketball Academy and hopes to continue her studies in the USA or at Loughborough University. She is highly motivated and strives to be the best she can in all areas.
- Baharam Khan who has achieved a Distinction* in Law, a B in Business plus a B in Philosophy and Islam. Bahram came to the Sixth Form to re-take his GCSE's after a fairly difficult few years in secondary education. He was successful with these but his real transformation came in his AS year when he became a calm and serious young man with an excellent work ethic.